Dog Rejected and Dejected

Conversation between Gryphon (the standard poodle) and Laker (the German Shepherd), dog cousins, at the cottage:



Gryphon: What do you want to do today, Laker? Huh? Huh? What??

Laker: Leave me alone. I'm old and decrepit.

Gryphon: Aww come on, cousin Laker! It ain't no fun here at the cottage if you aren't gonna run around in the deep snow with me and act like a total dimwitted idiot!

Laker (heavy sigh): Lookit, I'm not an idiot, and it's no fun jumping around in the ear-deep snow when you have arthritic hip joints. Bite it.

Gryphon (feeling rather dejected, but always eager to please and ever hopeful): Well, what would YOU like to do then, Laker?

Laker (growling with exasperation): Exactly what we're doing...soaking up the sun. It's good for my bones. Not sure if you realize this, buddy, but I'm not here for your entertainment.



Gryphon (under his breath): All right then... Boy, I sure am glad I came all the way out here. NOT. Soak in the sun my ass. Jerk.


Comments

blueviolet said…
Your dogs spend more time thinking in a day than I do.
♥Trina♥ said…
Hahaha I bet Gryphon and my Ali would have fun playing, but Ali is so tiny I don't think she could last long in the snow. She shivers even when it's not freezing cold.
♥georgie♥ said…
Talking dogs...why you could be famous! ;-)
cute lil doggers mary...and i think soaking up some rays sounds pretty darn good!
Soxy Deb said…
Boy that Lakers sure is crotchity! What crawled up his ass?

Popular posts from this blog

Electrode hickeys

Illness abounds

Phew!