First Baby, Darling Baby -- aka Wow! Life Sure Does Change!
I got this from Knit Purl Gurl at Mommatudes, and it looked fun, and I love babies, and I was bored, so I thought I'd play along. It's a "First Baby" questionnaire. Here we go:
1. Were you married at the time? Yup!
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Slap happy and scared.
3. How old were you? 32
4.How did you find out? Lack of period, overwhelming nausea, and finally, a pregnancy test
5. Who did you tell first? My husband
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Sort of, but Mr. Handsome wanted to know because he is Dr. Spock
7. Due date? Feb. 26, 1995
8. Did you deliver late or on time? 3 days late
9. Did you have morning sickness? I was sick for the first 6 months. It was not fun. Not even a little.
10. What did you crave? Pepperoni sticks
11. Who/what irritated you the most? Having to smell food.
12. What was your first child's sex? girl
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout pregnancy? I never gained. Sorry about that.
14. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? Just lots of awful morning sickness, weight loss. Are those complications?
15. Where did you give birth? Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ottawa
16. How many hours were you in labor? Over 32 hours. Yup.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My sweet husband
18. Who watched? My husband, mother-in-law and sister-in-law
19. Was it natural or c-section? Au naturel, no drugs possible. Again, yup.
20. Did you take medication to ease the pain? Fentanyl, which only made me dizzy and did diddly-squat for the pain. I highly don't recommend it.
21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs. 3 oz.
22. Did your child have any complications? She didn't breathe at first and had inhaled some meconium
23. What did you name her? Michaela Jane
24. How old is your first born today? Thirteen - She will be 14 on March 1, and I can't believe it.