Why I Hate Politics


Yes, I vote. Well, almost every time it's called for. Sometimes I just don't make it to the polls on time. Other times, I am too busy picking my nose.

With all that's going on with the Canadian government today, I am so so so close to wiping my hands clean of ever coming close to voting again for one party or another. I've always thought politics were a big waste of time, a sham for the most part, with every party leader saying pretty much the same thing, only using different words, just so they can have "discussions" and disagreements and look like they know what they're doing, or that they even care. Yes, I've become very cynical over my lifetime, pretty much accepting that no matter who we vote for, the results are the same. It doesn't really matter what we think. Right or wrong, I don't know. I do know it's how I feel, and how many people around me feel.

With all the crap that's gone down these past few days with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his oh-so-intelligent announcement last week to eliminate taxpayer subsidies for political parties and roll back wages for public sector unions while taking away their right to strike, I'm at my wits' end. This caused the Liberals, the NDP and the Bloc to form a nice little coalition to show Harper who's boss. And I don't blame them. Now Harper is back-tracking, trying to salvage what little is maybe left of his minority government. He's shitting his pants, and Momma ain't there to clean it up.

Harper is now in the fight of his political life, grasping at anything he can to save himself and his party. Now Governor General Michaelle Jean has to come running back home from her state visit to Europe to help quell the furor.

You know, this all reminds me of when I used to run a daycare. Or when my two kids are up in arms over one of them taking the other one's pencil. Or when Mr. Handsome and I disagree over who left the bathroom without any toilet paper. Something serious like that.

Seriously. Come on guys. Can you not see how absolutely ridiculous you all look? How can anyone trust you to run a country when you pull stupid tricks like this? How embarrassing. My 10-year-old could do a better job making things run smoothly, and I'm not exaggerating here. My 13-year-old daughter would definitely make more astute decisions that you could seemingly ever make.

And that's why I really really and truly hate politics. When election time is nearing, the politicians are all there spewing forth in all their righteousness, claiming they have the answer to all our economic and political woes, and how much better off we'd all be if we only vote them into power. Yeah, right. They're all lies, I tell you. What they're obviously more concerned about is being popular, being right, being in power, and looking good. The country and the world could be falling apart, with thousands upon thousands of people starving to death each and every day, and child abuse wreaking havoc on our young, and horrifying wars that are taking away so many innocent lives, and here we have these wombats who care more about themselves and their preening for the cameras, and making sure their ties and suits match and look good on television.

I'm seriously thinking of starting up my daycare again and forming my own political party. The leader might be in diapers and have drool dripping down her chin, but I know for a fact she'd do a helluva better job at making things work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gobble Gobble!

Just call me a dwarf

Gourmet Anyone?