Damn That Car!

Driving along in the car the other day, minding my own business, little Dennis sitting there beside me, watching the world go by...

Suddenly, a car comes out of nowhere from a side street. Behind the wheel is a punk, unshaven (not that there's anything wrong with that), and it doesn't look like he's even thinking of planning to stop at the stop sign that is right there, glaring, right in front of him.

He starts going through the stop.

I have the right of way. I swerve, being the good, defensive driver that I am. Simultaneously, I am thinking, "The little bastard is going to hit me, and I'll have wrecked this car for the third time in the last six months!"

So, instead, I swerve to avoid him, and out of my mouth, without any will on my part, comes the word we all dread to say in front of our beloved and innocent children.

Yes, I say the F word. And not only say it, but I say it like I mean it, if you know what I mean.

After about five seconds, I realize what I've just said, what has just come out of my mouth without me even realizing it. And I look over at my sweet son, and he's smiling at me, but not just any smile. He's got this wicked little smirk on his face, and I can just hear him say, "Oh, have I ever got you where I want you now!"


Comments

Anonymous said…
Flumox. Vrox.
Shupe said…
I think my children are just too used to hearing that out of my mouth to care anymore!
Debz said…
And mark my words, he will wield it at the most inopportune moment possible. They have that gift. Don't beat yourself up too much though, your only human. With a potty mouth (lol).

Popular posts from this blog

Gobble Gobble!

Just call me a dwarf

Gourmet Anyone?