Electrode hickeys


I thought I'd better post another post lest Adonis call me and spit wrathfully at me again for not posting often enough. Brothers.

Is "wrathfully" a word? Not sure. Don't care.

So, I'm sitting here, at the dining room table, and writing this instead of studying crap senior biology. Do you blame me? Didn't think so. I'm also scratching just above my right nipple, where one of my heart monitor's electrodes has left a rather nasty allergic reaction, not unlike a really large and ugly hickey. So unfortunate that it's not a hickey. I miss those days. Not that I'd really know what I'm talking about, because I'm pretty much a virgin. And not that hickeys are even itchy and all raised, like a hive might be, so maybe I should have started out by calling it a really huge and nasty hive instead of a hickey, but if I had done that, you probably wouldn't still be reading this right now. Am I right?

I'm also trying to not feel guilty for sneaking out to a movie today, ALL BY MYSELF, when I was supposed to be studying. I think I may have done this only one other time my entire life, because I got stood up, or needed a break from life. Today was more of a spur-of-the-moment, I-don't-want-to-be-here kind of moment, and it was also a I-just-need-to-get-out-of-here-for-awhile kind of deal, as well as a I-really-really-really-want-to-see-this-movie-but-I'd-rather-not-go-with-someone-because-it's-probably-kind-of-embarrassing-seeing-as-it's-rated-18-and-over-and-we-all-know-that-means-there's-probably-lots-of-really-explicit-sex-in-it kind of situation.

I went to see Blue Valentine, which was as good as I thought it would be, except for the part of the movie where the cameraman was running after Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling, and everything was all jiggly, and I started getting dizzy and had to close my eyes and grab the arms of my seat because I felt like I was about to fall on the theatre floor, and you all know what's on those floors. Have these film guys never heard of a camera track? I might have to write them a letter.

So, I loved the movie, except maybe for the jiggly part, and even that I enjoyed until I needed to take an anti-emetic. I even cried, guys, and I rarely cry at movies, except when I'm ovulating, which I'm not. So that means it must have been a good movie. See the logic there? So go see it. Unless you're a guy. Because this is pretty much a film full of emotion and lots of profundity, and from my experience with guys and movies, I firmly believe the majority of guys would rather have a prostate exam than watch that.

Except, I was a little surprised by the ending, which I won't go into because I just told you all to go see it yourself (unless you don't like watching people have sex, in which case, go anyway, just close your eyes every few minutes. Or pretend, because I know everyone who says they don't like to watch sex in the movies is actually a big liar because -- SERIOUSLY -- who wouldn't want to watch?!?!). Ahem.

I have to get back to biology.

Comments

meleah rebeccah said…
Oh I am so dying to go see the movie Blue Valentine!

Popular posts from this blog

Gobble Gobble!

Just call me a dwarf

Gourmet Anyone?